Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What really gets me goin'...

I just got back from a 10-mile run and I feel fantastic. I mean, my legs are killing me, I'm still panting and I'm probably not going to be able to ice skate very well tonight, but I FEEL FANTASTIC.

I took a different route today and at around mile five found myself down by the tidal basin. I overcame my fear of falling into the Basin and decided run along the path right beside it. Except for the geese droppings it was an excellent decision. Watching the sun break through the clouds above the Jefferson Memorial just as Madonna's Sorry comes on is a moment that I can't truly describe.

I hadn't been running in a couple of days and when I started this morning I wasn't really into. What made all the difference is my running playlist that I have fine-tuned over the past couple months. I've decided to post it here because I think I'm doing a disservice to my fellow runners/exercisers by keeping it to myself. I catch myself laughing, singing, and doing a little dance while running listening to the majority of the songs. When you see the list below you will understand why. Here you go!

Apocalypse Please- Muse (Muse, in general, makes awesome music to work out to)

Call My Name- Charlotte Church (fan-freakin-tastic song)

Escape- Enrique Iglesias (no list is complete without Enrique)

Gone- Kelly Clarkson (awesome one from start to finish)

Happier
- Guster (just like the title indicate, a happy song)

Holding Out for a Hero- Bonnie Tyler (no song makes me run faster)

It’s Raining Men- Geri Halliwell (or the weather Girls, but Geri’s is a little faster)

Music is the Victim
- Scissor Sisters (love it)

Rainy Monday- Shiny Toy Guns (not the fastest song, but a good one none-the-less)

Something to Talk About- Bonnie Raitt (always good to cool you down a bit)

Stockholm Syndrome- Muse (will have you running FAST)

Starlight- Muse (almost as fast as Stockholm)

Cuz I Can- Pink (really good one to get you started)

Waterloo- ABBA (really good around mile 8 or 9 when you really need to smile)

Get Me Bodied (extended remix)- Beyonce (hilariously awesome song)

Just Like Jesse James- Cher (best.cher.song.ever.)

Sorry- Madonna (You have to keep running to this song otherwise you stop and dance)

Crazy Chick- Charlotte Church (ah, I love me some crazy charlotte)

Don't Stop Me Now- Queen (Cheesy but AWESOME)

You Can't Stop the Beat- Hairspray Soundtrack (this is where I start to dance a little bit)



If you ever see me running down sixteenth street or through Rock Creek Park and I'm smiling, it's not because I'm crazy. I've just put together the best work-out list ever! Now you can enjoy it! YAY!

Today's Song: All of the Above!

2 comments:

Laura said...

That just reminded me to download "Just Like Jesse James." THANKS!

Jack Perry said...

i'm so with you on this. my additions are:
Who Knew, by Pink
it has a great build to the power scream at the end, a good one
We Run This, by Missy Elliot
actually the whole album is nice to work out to
Hold on to Me, by Courtney Love
a rockin song
Tainted Love, Gloria Jones
utterly fantastic
and my number one workout song and probably one of my top ten songs is
Deceptacon, By Le Tigre
It. is. awesome.
and so are you.
talk to you
Jack