Friday, July 18, 2008

Pre-weekend..

I spent this week looking forward to today, kind of in that desperate "please god, let it be Friday" kind of way. Well, as it normally happens, Friday is here and I shall rejoice. Why? Because I've organized a group to go see Mamma Mia. Yup. Can't wait. I've been listening to the Meryl's version of Mamma Mia and The Winner Takes it All all week and I think I'm ready- my mom even sent me a link from the NY Times with clips and trainers from the movie. (I've watched them all and my review is this movie is going to be horribly delightful). I've decided not to care that the Post's review stated " you will leave the theater feeling like you have been strangled by a turquoise feather boa." To me, that's just an excellent use of imagery and an homage to all the gays that will be venturing to the theater tonight. The metro's review, "a massive mess, but fun" made me smile because that could have been the review of my life.

In addition, this weekend marks the arrival of Shea's and my moment- beer ball tourney. I understand that I am now in my later 20's but I when you are this good (relying on Shea's natural chugging ability) you've just got to play. Here's to being in bed at 7pm tomorrow night.

No comments: