Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Assorted musings

Here's a quick list of what's been going on recently:

*August is my month in Texas. I'm in the throws of week two and I have the following thoughts on this state. Texas is big but we all know that so it didn't come as a big surprise. I am really enjoying Fort Worth, definitely more than I enjoyed Dallas last week. Fort Worth has retained a very small-town feel while Dallas resembles any other big city. The people are friendly, the food is good (hopefully to get better as a I keep exploring), and the weather is most definitely HOT.

*The Olympics are taking over my life- I'm about to watch the womens 10M synchro. I know these have already taken place but I've resisted the urge to take a look at the results. I have a sneaking suspicion the Chinese routed the rest of the competition. Just a hunch. We'll see.

I cannot wait to watch the men's 3M synchro event tomorrow night. I competed against the US team, comprised of Chris Colwill and Jevon Tarantino, for many years. It adds such a different element to watching the games when you know the competitors. I couldn't be more pumped.

*The whole John Edwards debacle has really irked me. This man spent years defending the marriage protection act, stating gay and lesbian couples would compromise the sanctity of marriage. The utter hypocrisy of his actions leave me speechless. How dare he pass judgement on my "lifestyle" while making decisions that spit in the face of his positions. I wish I could say I feel sorry for him but I only feel sorry for his wife and to those who unfortunately call him family.

While I do have more musings, I'm not paying enough attention to the Olympics and feel the need to end this post.

Today's song: God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood

1 comment:

Laura said...

John Edwards: Agreed. Ugh.